Re: Problem of Connection Character Sets and Collations

Boyd, Todd M. wrote:

> [...]
Hello Todd,

So, do you means as the following (If we need define the unicode
character sets )?

For php connection with MySQL :
mysql_query("SET NAMES 'utf8'");

For running MySQL command line ( such as mysqldump and mysql ) :
--default-character-set=utf8

For using phpmyadmin ( Choose Connection Character Sets and Collations
setting ) :
use utf8_general_ci ( NOT use utf8_unicode_ci )
What different between them ?

Are these setting right ?

Thanks for your help !

Edward.