Re: CMS-Blog system

On 4 Sep 2008, at 11:04, Martin Zvarík wrote:
Thank you for all the comments.

Thanks for the WP tip: I don't know much about wordpress (it looks good), but I have tryed enough of open-source CMS to say that they are based on messy solutions (one for all = joomla) + it won't be free blog system, so I don't think using this free system would be fair.

That's really not a problem. WP is released under the GPL (http://wordpress.org/about/gpl/ ) which effectively means you can use it in any way your want, the only limits are on changes you make to the code. If they didn't want you to use it to build paid-for services that would be restricted by the license, but it's not.

If you have a moral objection to using open source software to run a paid-for service, be sure to avoid Apache, MySQL and Linux too!!

So, I will stick with separate databases for each user + central databases used for searches etc.

If you still intend to go down the road of building it yourself I strongly urge you to check out Sphinx (http://www.sphinxsearch.com/) for searching. It kicks the crap out of any other system I've come across.

I am pretty sure I am up for this wheel reinventing ;-)

Your funeral :)

The only thing I am not strong in is the MySQL, but with you guys there is nothing impossible!

Seriously? You want to build a blogging system with support for 10k users and your MySQL is not strong? Good luck.

'Nuff said.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/