Re: PHP on 64bit Ubuntu

For anyone that might be following this thread because they also have a memory problem (on a 64 bit platform or not), here is some advice on how to alleviate it:

- Use a bytecode cacher like xcache. Brought my 12MB pages down to about 5MB. - If using php from a pre-compiled binary (like from Ubunutus repository), consider re-configuring it manually to drop extensions you don't need. - If using Doctrine, always use its free() method to free up memory after you are done with each object.

Alec