Re: PHP on 64bit Ubuntu

Robert Cummings schreef:
On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 06:28 -0700, alexander lind wrote:
Hi All

I just tested my PHP app on Ubuntu 64bit, and found that all my php scripts would consume about 5x more RAM memory there, compared to how much they use on my macbook pro (which to make things a bit more confusing also runs a 64bit OS). A page that would take up around 2.5 MB on the macbook, takes around 12 MB on the linux server.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

I have 8 gigs of ram, I can't say I've been counting beans lately :B

my wetware is infinite, thanks to the holographic nature of the universe.

with regard to 64bit thang, the binary on MacOS could very well be
compiled 32bit (even though the OS is 64bit) no? additionally one should
look at the extensions that are loaded (are more loaded on the linux box?)

lastly it maybe a MEM reporting difference issue, if php is allowed 12MB
per process it maybe that linux is reporting that full ammount where as in
fact it's only partially used?

Cheers,
Rob.