Re: PHP on 64bit Ubuntu

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 14:52 +0100, Hélio Rocha wrote:
> But why does that happens?

64 bit systems use larger intgegers for accessing the stack and memory.
This enables 64 bit systems to access more than the traditional 4.4 gig
memory limit without resorting to tricks.

This is the whole point of getting a 64 bit system. (well that and
performing large number computations more easily)

Cheers,
Rob.

http://www.interjinn.com