Re: Google Chrome

Jochem Maas wrote:
Haig Dedeyan schreef:
On September 2, 2008 05:56:23 pm Haig Dedeyan wrote:

Does anyone know what this implies? It's the 2nd section from their license agreement:

"By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or through, the services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the services and may be revoked for certain services as defined in the additional terms of those services."

scary ... but what's this context of this section (I'm on MacOS .. still waiting
for a beta ;-)) ... more precisely what's the definition of "the content"
and "the services".

I can't imagine the browser can be considered a service by any means.

Some sections seems to imply that you HAVE to be connected to Google even to use the browser? And that they reserve the right to stop you browsing if they need to? Can anybody confirm that I will be able to use the browser off line on a closed network, since that would be the environment *I* would be testing anything new in :)
At present I don't feel able to accept their terms at all?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL