Re: geolocation

clive escreveu:
Hi,

Have any developed a site that determines a users location based on IP address, Im not looking for accurate locations, just what country they are coming from.

I know I could possible get a list of IP blocks allocated to countries or make use of some web server to get the information, I just want to know how others are doing this?

If are using a specific method and know it to be robust and up to date please let me know.

Thanks

clive

I use GeoIP from Maxmind, too, and I wrote a brief tutorial on how to use it.

http://www.educar.pro.br/i_en/GeoIP/
--
zerof
http://www.educar.pro.br/