Re: Testing for Current pointer position in array during iteration

Jochem Maas wrote:
Mark Weaver schreef:
Hi All,

Go figure... I sat down today to get some more work on my current project; I got to a certain point where I need to step through an array with a foreach loop. I found that I need to test for the current pointer position of the array, but I haven't a clue as to how this might be accomplished. I've been all over google and php.net, but I'm not finding anything that will help me do this.

Basically all I want to do is something like this:

if( current_arrayPointer_postition == n ){
  ... do this
}else{
  ...do this
}

foreach isn't really like that. it uses (IIRC) an internal pointer of
it's own leaving the userland pointer where ever it is.

but:

$n = 5;
// make a new array with numeric keys starting at 0
$array = array_values(array);
// loop it
foreach ($array as $key => $val) {
    if ($key == $n) {
        echo "I got five on it";
    } else {
        echo "usual suspect";
    }
}

very nice... Thank you Jochem. That did the trick.

--

Mark