Re: grab the complete commandline used ...

David Otton schreef:
2008/8/28 Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I have a feeling I'm out of luck - probably security issues that keep
you from doing such a thing as well.

I did have the idea of grabbing the PID and then grepping the output of
ps via exec() ... that would do it, but I reckon it smells. :-)

That won't work.

in what sense won't it work? the complete line is in the output of ps somewhere
albeit after wildcard/shell expansion.

Quote the entire command as a string. Pass it to a shell script that
sets an environment variable to that string, then executes the string.

if life were that simple. it's user X running the php script from the
commandline ... I wanna know exactly what he is doing (which is not
necessarily the same as what he should be doing). I only really control
the php script in question not the context it is run in.