Is this a bug?

Hello guys,

                I've been stalking on the list for some time. Didn't have
anything to report/talk, until now. I have a code like this, maybe you guys
can reproduce it, with output buffering started:

Echo 'something';

Echo 'another thing';

Echo 'something <br />'\;

                What happens is that ANYTHING that was echo'ed until that \,
will not reach the buffer. Although, this should actually be a Parse Error,
it isn't, it just echoes what was echoed after the god damned \. It took me
two hours to find this typo in the code .

                Can you guys reproduce the error? I can actually give you a
link to the server where this code runs.