Re: Re: concatenating with "." or ","

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 18:42 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Robert Cummings wrote:
> > Good thing he didn't ask to "bum a fag" ;) I guess he wasn't a smoker. I
> > did ages 4 to 13 in Scotland so I'm familiar with some of the language
> > differences :)
>
> Ahh now you're speaking my language. Ignore my Irish domain name, it's
> just cos it fits... my home is Edinburgh :D
>
> And yes the language differences are always a great source of amusement:
> I know lots of people who go over to the states to do the summer camp
> thing and end up trying not to laugh when little girls come up to them
> crying their poor little eyes out and saying "Miss, I hurt my fanny". :p

Yeah, when I was 13 and freshly returned to Canada my gym teacher used
to tell everyone to sit on their fanny. It didn't take long to figure
out the meaning but it's funny to hear when your internal definition and
reference for appropriateness is so drastically different :)

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com