Re: concatenating with "." or ","

I never thanked all the people who answered my Q in so many helpful ways and on so many levels. I see that this list if chock full of really quality people with loads of expertise and many other fine qualities (tedd sperling's broad perspective, for one) ... I would be tempted to thank people all the time for so many things. What to do?

-G
for 'gratitude'  and "Govinda"

Oone is a concatenated string, the other is arguments. Arguments are executed and output in order, whereas the concatenation causes the function calls to be executed first and then the echo to display the return values concatenated into a single string.