Re: APC vs. eaccelerator?

On 8/25/08, David Park <dparkmit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Some older posts on the net (from 2006) complained about incompatibilities
> between APC/eacclerator and phpBB and about crashes of APC/eacclerator.  I'm
> hoping that these problems have been cleared up by now.

2006 is a century ago in open source time :P

i was using turck mmcache which turned into eaccelerator for a while.
i also tried xcache. however, i switched to APC over a year ago now.
it's maintained by core php developers, so i figure it's the best as
it would receive little "perks" due to new features/fixes being put in
to the core php code and the developers implementing them working on
APC.

i have never done any benchmarks or anything, but i'm pretty sure
they're all relatively close speed-wise. stability-wise i've never had
an issue with APC..

the file upload stuff would be cool except i need something that
supports multiple webservers, not shared memory on a specific host.

besides, i think i've heard PHP6 will have a built in byte-code cache
already, and i am sure it will use APC/portions of APC (why not, it's
already there)