Re: Serving pages based on user input

On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 13:35 +0100, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 22:17 -0400, Robert Cummings wrote:

> > > hi Ólafur,
> > >
> > > his situation doesn't require a redirect (he only thinks it does),
> > > and redirects suck when used unecessarily. (plenty of info on the web
> > > about why this is so ... hunt for a 'rant' by the formidable Richard Lynch
> > > in the archives of this list for instance)
> >
> > Oh dear, not this BS again. If the content is different then perform a
> > redirect. Do you really want your login page to be indexed as your
> > homepage? Lynch's arguments on this were weak.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Rob.
> > --
> > http://www.interjinn.com
> > Application and Templating Framework for PHP
> >

> I thought the arguments were very valid, but can be take to the point of
> extreme. Keep similar pages grouped into one PHP file. After all, this
> is what PHP is for. Don't try to replicate your HTML pages as PHP pages,
> thats a silly idea and takes more time to manage.

You're confusing using a front page loader with redirection. The
distinction being that I would suggest that you redirect to the URL that
your front loader would use to load a given page rather than just
presenting said page within another page's context to save a redirect.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com