Re: undefine variable

Michael S. Dunsavage schreef:
On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 22:26 +0100, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
Hi Michael,

Heh, actually that wasn't the problem after all. Well php still yells @
me about it, but it does work. In fact someone on this list helped me
before, sorry if I can't remember your name who it was :).

it's always worthing looking that kind of thing up, people love to see their
name in lights you know.

on a technical note, it sounds like your script is relying on register_globals
being turned on ... this is a bad thing, most notably when your not properly
up to speed on the security issues this can bite you in the ass, also
register_globals has been depreciated.

code that handles form submissions should be doing something like the
following to check for and validate input:

$selectedStated = isset($_POST['selected_state'])
		? intval($_POST['selected_state'])
		: null
		;

I encourage you to read up on input validation, etc ... phpsec.org is
a good place to start IIRC.

But it
wasn't writing to the DB and I discovered I had to change the
permissions (it was a backup I had restored) and restart mysql.  But you
have a lot of useful information in your list, so I'll be keeping it.