Re: File download problem

That bug report makes sense now, in light of your problem. It wasn't something I'd ever seen happen before, as most of my work is done on Linux, and the bug seems to be specific to the way Windows uses the BOM for UTF-8 PHP files.

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk
--- Begin Message ---
I just add this comment for reference.

I found this bug report on the PHP Web site:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=22108

That bug explains everything :)

Stefano

Stefano Noffke wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

I think I found the problem here: The php file was saved with UTF-8 encoding, and for some unknown reason it was adding the UTF-8 BOM to the output as well. I just saved the PHP file as ANSI, and it worked like a charm.

Thank you for all your help :)

Stefano