mail() and exim4

Good day list,

I am having some problems with our new server. exim4 is installed, and I am
trying to send a mail via the mail() function.

Script:

<?
ini_set ("error_reporting",E_ALL);
echo ini_get("error_reporting")."<p>";
if(mail("haensel@xxxxxxxxxxx","test","ding")) {
	echo "Ja";
} else {
	echo "Nein";
}
?>

Only output:

6143 (as from ini_get("error_reporting")

Nein (as in "Not sending that email, dude")

No error output of the script in the browser, though.

Error in /var/log/apache2/error.log

Exim is a Mail Transfer Agent. It is normally called by Mail User Agents,
not directly from a shell command line. Options and/or arguments control
what it does when called. For a list of options, see the Exim documentation.

Has anybody had this before or could point me into the right direction? Any
help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Chris