Re: Re: PHP editor for linux

Carlos Medina wrote:
It flance schrieb:
Hi,

What do you think is the best php editor for linux.

I'm using the Debian distribution.

Thanks

Hi it´s allways the same: What for Editor are you using? and blah.
Please this dicussion is old and not funny anymore (i think ). The
Developer which vi or nano  on debian to can be a good programmer too.

Regards

Carlos Medina

Hi,

It always comes down to what someone prefers to be useful. On the other hand, some people can point out quirks in some tools so you don't have to bother trying it out. A lot of people say Vi is a very good editor, but it takes a long time to get used to it.

Other editors have the also cons and pro's etc. But some editors are plain out not useful for programming. It is good to notice so you don't have to install all the thousands of editors out there. If somebody on this list already has tried the software and has arguments against it, fine let them speak out.

But I do feel much against a 'my editor, my framework, my blah is better than yours' flamewar discussion for the next 3 weeks. So I think I get your point.

--

Aschwin Wesselius

'What you would like to be done to you, do that to the other....'