Re: Re: Passing variable to a page in a frameset

On Aug 15, 2008, at 9:20 AM, Dan Shirah wrote:

Frames?!

As a fellow Wisconsinite and a web developer, I'm going to have to ask you
to leave the state.  Minnesota can have you.

:P

Jay

PS -  No, but seriously, frames?!?!

There's nothing wrong with a Frame every once in a while! Granted they
aren't used much anymore, but sometimes they can be useful!

I know, I know. I'm not a fan of frames either, and have never even thought of using them until now. The problem is, our library catalog is on a different server and provides results for a consortium of 30 libraries. So, what we've been doing is including a search box for the catalog on web pages. Which works fine, but it's easy for people to get caught up in the catalog with no good way to get back to the site you came from. So, I created a frame page that has a small button in the top frame that takes you back to where you came from. So, the site itself isn't using frames, only when you search the catalog. Of course, that's if I can get it working...

- jody