Re: newsletter code

Hello,

on 08/11/2008 09:26 AM Angelo Zanetti said the following:
Hi All,
I have a question related to newsletter subscriptions to websites as well as
sending out of the newsletters.

Here is the scenario:
Client wants a "subscribe to newsletter" dialog on website, typically just
an email address.

Then in his admin section he wants to send out HTML newsletters/plain text
depending on the user's email client.

Now how would I go about creating the newsletter in the backend? Using a
WSIWIG editor? Or is there some code that you guys use as there are also
things to consider such as:
-bulk mailing, instead of sending many mails at once. Rather send out some
scheduled emails

-Plain text vs HTML email

Etc...

What do you guys use if you are building a custom web app?

I just use this MIME message class. It solves the problem of sending HTML or plain text messages using multipart/alternative containers. You define a text and HTML version and the class sends both within the message in such way that if the mail client supports HTML the user will see that version, otherwise it will only see the text version. Take a look at the test_simple_html_mail_message.php script.

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos