Re: An appeal to your better nature

At 11:50 AM +0200 8/7/08, Børge Holen wrote:
On Thursday 07 August 2008 03:57:06 you wrote:
 On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 00:46 +0200, Børge Holen wrote:
 > > On Wednesday 06 August 2008 20:00:50 tedd wrote:

 > > > Sure it takes a lot of time to backup, but less than the alternative.
 >
 > I'm just gonna comment some here. Hell, it's a bitch to loose data, but I
 > give you this... These "pro's" here, ain't getting things done, no time
 > for it between backups.
 > The time they use each year on backup you can write new code tenfold. ;D
 > muhaha

 What are you yammering on about? A simple cron job can do the backup
 while I sleep-- "Look ma... I work while I sleep!"

tell me, you really didn't get the point I was making; after all the good
advices ppl are making?

Sorry, I didn't get your point either.

My backups are done whenever I want to take a break -- two clicks and everything is backed up by time I get back. Simple.

The remote backups take longer because I have to physically go get the drives out of my safes, and that happens about one a week -- besides, I need the exercise.

The online stuff, I can never trust so I don't rely on it. After all, service centers do catch fire.

Backups are like home defense, don't rely on the cops, don't rely on the neighbors, don't rely on remote services, only you can safeguard your stuff.

The question of how much to backup is like gambling, risk only what you can afford to lose.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------