Scripts for removing Reg entries

I was looking thru some of the scripts that were mentioned and I am
wondering if there is a way to write on that will delete registry entries? I
am trying to uninstall Office 97 on XP machines and there are a lot of
pieces left after the uninstall has run. I would need to look and see if the
entry exists and if it does delete it. Also, is there a way to script
removing items that have been pinned to the start menu?

Ryan Perkins
Dept. of Employee Trust Funds
Operations/ Help Desk
608.266.2080

This email message and any attachments may contain information that is
confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law.  This
information is intended solely for the named addressee (or a person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee).  If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from
your computer.  Unauthorized disclosure, copying, printing, or distribution
of this message is prohibited.