Re: Version Control Software

Benjamin Darwin wrote:
After reading a topic on the list here about someone losing their website,
and having a minor mistake on my own that cost me a week's work on a file
(basically, tested the file, then uploaded to the live site and took the
daily backup off the live site.. only to find the file was messed up.. and
had to go to the weekly backup off cd to recover it, losing a week of
work)..

I'm wondering if anybody knows of a version control software program that
may fit my needs.

Basically, I'm looking for something that runs locally, not on the live
site, that I can edit the files on the dev computer, and store old versions
on the dev computer, and then just publish off of the local onto the live
site whenever I need to.

Anybody have any suggestons/ideas on how this should be done, and what
program is a good fit?

Thanks for any help,
Ben

I use SVN for my local development. It is very easy I think. I use Aptana IDE which has SVN support. I use linux, but I'm sure there is SVN for winbloze.

-Shawn