Re: Exposing PHP/errors on production vs. dev

On 8/2/08, Richard Heyes <richard.heyes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > Personally, and I know I'm not alone here... I keep E_NOTICE enabled>> Then you're both mad. Users really shouldn't see any error regardless,> so error reporting IMO should be off entirely. A blank screen that you> can blame on a variety of things is far preferable to users knowing> that your website is broken. In production I keep error_reporting set> to 0. There are a variety of things you could also do like log them to> a file or have them emailed to you so that you get notified when> errors occur.
That's what we're saying.
He's saying he is LOGGING everything (error_reporting) notdisplay_errors - where it would output to the user :)
display_errors and maybe display_startup_errors are the key ones afaikthat expose any PHP related errors to the user. that's why I startedthis thread to confirm my logic.