Re: Creating user groups in social application (e.g. facebook group)

Since I would assume a user could be a part of any number of groups, I would
suggest that you just make a seperate table.

Maybe with simple columns like this:

//GROUP TABLE
key  group_id  member_id   join_date

Then you can just compare it to your member table when someone tries to
access a group page. And then use a simple query and allow access to the
group page if member_id in your members and group table is the same, and the
group_id they are trying to access matches the group_id in the table.

Or something like that...

Dan