Re: session ok? [SOLVED]

At 11:23 AM -0400 7/21/08, Daniel Brown wrote:
On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:11 AM, tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 That's the way it works PROVIDED that you do not use the following in your
 code:

 header('Location: http://www.yourdomain.com/whatever/index.php');

    Was this line of code included in a script access at
http://www.yourdomain.com/whatever/?

    If it wasn't HTTP (vs HTTPS), in the /whatever directory, under
the www. CNAME, then the cookie would be invalid.  If it WAS still
adhering to all of the same, did you use session_write_close() to save
the session data to disk before redirecting?

    If all else fails, be sure to read through the user notes on the
manual pages.  For example, session_start() has a bunch of manual
entries with the term 'location' that discuss quite similar issues,
including resolutions.  Note that if they don't contain suggestions
and/or resolutions, we delete them, to make sure that the user notes
are as concise and helpful as possible.  Felepe (Pena) and I deleted
or modified over 700 of them in the last two days alone.

    Check out the user notes on session_start() here:

        http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.session-start.php

Ahhhh, I think I see now what the problem was.

The original session was started using:

http://webbytedd.com

and my redirect was using:

http://www.webbytedd.com

Thus two domain and two sessions.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It's always nice to finally understand something.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------