Re: Search thoughts

I'm sure that would work, but just how many LIKE items do you want to show the user? For me, I would rather not show them anything if there is nothing on my site that matches their exact search criteria.

Certainly an idea, but something like "We also found..." might be helpful in regard to typos.

The point being, from my perspective, users don't spend a lot of time reading results. They want answers quick and short. I would think that if you provided them with a long list of "Did you mean this?" results -- that might frustrate the user.

A good point. For example I rarely go further than the first page on Google (I never need to really, but whatever...).

> if someone could come up with a
better way, I am sure you could.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I've kept away from search as it doesn't overly interest me. In fact that's quite an over statement. It really bores the pants off me.

But, the point is, would it make a difference?

Well spending some time on it will improve it as it's just the basic LIKE at the moment, but point taken - I really don't want to spend a lot of time on it.

--
Richard Heyes