RE: Copy Function Errors

Hi Alice...

I just caught/saw this thread. I'm asuming you haven't found/solved what you're trying to do.

So, What exactly are you trying to accomplish? What OS are you running on both the client/server machine? Are you trying to copy from a directory on one box, to a directory on another box? Is this a one time thing? Are the boxes on the same network (physically close together)? Are you able to login to the remote box from your initial server?

Let me know what you're looking to do, and I can probably get you going.

-regards...

  All I wanted to do is to copy the file that is sitting on a remote machine to have it copied it over to another remote machine. Since I put the code snippet below on the server that is supposed to accept the files, I would say I am "downloading" the file here from a remote server to a local server.

  It is weird, because I followed Robert's advice and cut out the http:// snippet in my ftp server address, and I have tried both the apache and root password of the actual log in of the FTP, which neither of them worked. Both of the servers have the firewall DNS set up properly, and in my PHP info page, it appears that my FTP is enabled.

Is there something else I have missed?

// define some variables
$local_file = "C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/test/$id/data.tar";
$server_file = "http://192.168.10.63/test/$id/data.tar";;

// set up basic connection
$ftp_server="192.168.10.63";
$conn_id = ftp_connect($ftp_server);

// login with username and password
$ftp_user_name="root";
$ftp_user_pass="xxxxxx!";
$login_result = ftp_login($conn_id, $ftp_user_name, $ftp_user_pass);

// try to download $server_file and save to $local_file
if (ftp_get($conn_id, $local_file, $server_file, FTP_BINARY)) {
    echo "Successfully written to $local_file\n";
} else {
    echo "There was a problem\n";
}

// close the connection