Re: Most popular per month

Ryan S wrote:
Hey!

The client has a set of 50 images that keep rotating everyday and when a user clicks one of those images he is taken to that images site, in the background (database) i maintain a counter _for the day_ and then display the top ten images everyday in this format: 1-10

before the next days counter starts this data is stored in a table which has a simple structure like this
img_id1 int,img_id2 int (etc till img_id10)

Now the client wants a little extra functionality, and with me sucking at maths I need some help please, basically he now wants to have a chart with all the 50 images there and showing _via percentages_ instead of the present 1-10 display which ones are the most popular till date.

example:
1. image name: (percentage here)
2. image name: (percentage here)
3. image name: (percentage here)
etc
any ideas on where i can start/ code tips/ urls etc would be most appreciated.
Also, if i am not mistaken there was some charting software to display this kind of data in pie and line charts... anybody know what i am talking about? because i cant find such a link in my bookmarks.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

percentages:
$total=img1 int + img2 int + img3 int + ....img50 int;
$perc1=(img1 int)/$total;
$perc2=(img2 int)/$total;
.
..
.
$perc50=(img50 int)/$total;

You can do it per day, per month, per year, per 28 days, per PMS cycle, per anything you want provided you have the data to do it.

Google had an pie chart thingie, check the archives of this list.

HTH,
Wolf