Re: Relocating and POSTing

At 12:37 PM -0400 7/11/08, Daniel Brown wrote:
On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Alex Chamberlain
<php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Ahh, but they are on different webservers....

    That's why I mentioned cURL at the very beginning, if it had to be
done as a POST request.

 At the moment, I am just using a query string. How long is the limit of the
 query string??

    There is no official limit in the protocol, but you may want to
check out Section 3.2.1 of RFC 2068 for more on that.

    The limits are in what the client is capable of sending, and what
the server is capable of receiving.  A quick S of TFW should give you
the information you need regarding PHP and the remote server's
configuration.

Incidentally, I did some minor testing on this a few years ago and found the lengths vary greatly between servers.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------