Re: include_path, permissions question

O/H dg ??????:
Hello,

I'd greatly appreciate some help with some problems I'm hitting.

I have a site set up on a dev server and it works fine.

In transferring it to the clients server, it's getting all weird.

When I first transferred created files, the owner was "joe". And they worked fine.

When I republished those files using fwrite, the owner changed to "httpd".

And includes and file_get_contents stopped working.

I tried changing the owner, but couldn't.
I changed include_path.

I turned on error reporting and got:

Warning: include(includes/common.php): failed to open stream: Inappropriate ioctl for device in /**/local/home/**/dev.**.net/alb**acl.php on line 5

Warning: file_get_contents(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 398/398 is not allowed to access includes/lyrics_box_scripts.txt owned by uid/gid 191739/191739 in /**/local/home/**/dev.**.net/alb**acl.php on line 11

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-dg

I think that a file stores a userid not the user so if for e.g. you have a user in your system that has id 1001 and you move this file preserving the rights to another computer the owner will become the user that has userid 1001 on the new system. In case there no user having the 1001 id then you will see just 1001 on the ownership when you "ls". In case you don't preserve the rights of the then I think that the user that copies/moves the files takes the ownership of the files. Since I believe that you are a unix user "man cp" on you system to see what is the switch for preserving rights (it is "-p" on Linux if I recall correctly) an make sure the same user gets the same id (usually happens for apache. On the other hand you may just simply change the ownership recursively like "chmod -R apache:apache <dir>" which is much easier.

--
Thodoris