Re: CURL de-bugging: So why am I not getting the results page on the target site?

I would like someone to help me on this outside the group discussion. Is there anyone out there that would look at a curl problem with me?

Thanks,

John

ioannes wrote:
My current theory on this is that the initial input page creates a per-session cookie. Is CURL able to send this when the page is submitted and if so how do I find out the name and value of the cookie as per my reading it is not stored on the computer, though I reckon it must be there somewhere.

The initial page is in this format:
https://www.targetsite.com/subdir/page.asp?serialno=GM201&OtherCode=&NextCode=

So I have various GET parameters.

The initial input page also has POST parameters which I can see the in page source, and so send via CURL.

I cannot find any javascript doing a set_cookie, including in any included files of which there are none anyway. But there is some session going on as the serialno parameter is not in a hidden field or explicitly set cookie, so it must be a per-session cookie maybe with a different name, I reason. How do I find out about these?

John

ioannes wrote:
My code is as below. It comes back with 'Bad session variable name - CompanySerialNo' from the site.but the COOKIEJAR does not show this variable name and it is not sent, it just shows:

www.targetsite.com FALSE / FALSE 0 ASPSESSIONIDQCSQDTAB LKAONANAFJPNMFFECLFNCLBP

There is a serialno but that is sent in the GET (URL below). Question is: What to test now? I am trying to get a results page from an input page.

What code below is trying to do is access the page, get any cookies set then try the page again with the relevant inputs.

<?
$url="https://www.targetsite.com/subdir/page.asp?serialno=GM201&OtherCode=&NextCode=";;

   $ch = curl_init();
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);

   curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, "cookies.txt");
   curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, "cookies.txt");

   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
     curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_AUTOREFERER, true);

   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
  /*
//GET list from submitting POST form as GET
https://www.shortstay-london.com/checkavail.asp?
1 - clock=+09%3A54
2 - &StartDay=6
3 - &StartMonth=September+%3A+2008
4 - &EndDay=13
5 - &EndMonth=September+%3A+2008
....13 - &CheckThis=Check+This

use this list to create POST data
*/

   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
     $curlPost=array();

   $curlPost["clock"]=" 09:54";
   $curlPost["StartDay"]="6";
   $curlPost["StartMonth"]="September : 2008";
   $curlPost["EndDay"]="13";
   $curlPost["EndMonth"]="September : 2008";
   //etc
   $curlPost["CheckThis"]="Check This";

   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,$curlPost);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION ,1);
   curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

   $store = curl_exec ($ch);
     curl_close ($ch);
     print($store);
  ?>