Re: What font/size do you use for programming?

At 3:40 PM -0400 7/9/08, Jason Pruim wrote:
On Jul 9, 2008, at 1:32 PM, tedd wrote:

At 6:19 PM +0100 7/9/08, Richard Heyes wrote:
I use a triple display as well.

My desktop is 3840 x 1024 -- and I use every inch of it.

And here I am with one paltry monitor. :-(

As you get older, your monitors get larger.

However, this is not necessarily a good thing.

I may only have 1 monitor... But I have 12 "Spaces" (google "apple spaces" for more info) I used to have 2 monitors... I miss my other 19"... Darn new boss! I need another new one... Who wants to hire me? :)

Considering how much employers pay employees, it would make good sense to give employees the tools that would make them more productive. I claim that a programmers productivity would go up another 10% (or more), if they were allowed to have whatever size monitors they wanted.

When you compare the cost of additional equipment against the cost for the employee, it becomes obvious where one should spend money in a company to increase productivity.

Unfortunately, I worked with many a company (as a consultant) who's decision as to work environments depend upon some "bean-counter" who's vision/need for larger monitor(s) doesn't extend beyond his own spreadsheet.

Oh well, those things are not obvious to everyone.  :-)

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------