Re: What font/size do you use for programming?

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 16:28 -0700, Jim Lucas wrote:
> tedd wrote:
> > Hi gang:
> >
> > I'm running a Mac (so I know mine is a bit different size wise) but I'm
> > currently using Veranda at 14 point for coding.
> >
> > Just out of curiosity, what font and size do you ppls use for your
> > programming?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > tedd
> >

> Courier New 10pt w/ClearType Enabled @ 1680x1050 with a 22in wide screen

aterm

    - -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal-*-*-140-*-*-m-*-iso8859-1

gnome-terminal

    - Courier New 14

rxvt-unicode

    - xft:Luxi Mono:pixelsize=16

I work on a 1600x1200 21" LCD monitor (not widescreen crap :)

I loved eterm and aterm, they're both righteously fast and very
configurable.. unfortunately they don't support UTF8 so they're being
phased out. Gnome-terminal sucks, as does almost every other terminal
I've tried (and I've tried a lot of them). Either the colours aren't
configurable, or they do some kind of freaky screen write caching so
directory listings go by in chunked swathes of screen rendering.
Additionally, with many of them the CPU for some odd reason jumps to
100% when doing a long listing-- yes I'm looking at you again
gnome-terminal. Recently, I was fortunate enough to stumble across
rxvt-unicode which is fast like aterm, supports UTF8 and apparently is
where the aterm team moved their development focus.

The great thing about using a terminal with my favourite editor (JOE) is
that it's the same development atmosphere whether I'm connected remotely
over SSH or locally. Additionally, I can use the same editor whether I'm
writing code, editing config files, or whatever.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com