Re: Creating zip files

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 3:17 PM, It flance <itmaqurfe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the "pclziplibrary" to create a zip archive.
> Now i have the following error message:
> Error : PCLZIP_ERR_READ_OPEN_FAIL (-2) : Unable to open archive 'archive.zip' in wb mode
>
> If someone is using the same library please tell me what this error means exactly. I am using the same code in my PC, it is working but not in the real server.
>
> What i am able to do in my pc is writing the archive to the disc. Do you know if there is a way to create the archive just in memory and let the user download it without having to store it in the server?
>
> Thank you
>

> --

Has it ever worked on the server?  You might need to check permissions
to see if your php script has access to write the zip archive to disc.

If you're using php5 you can use the ZipArchive[1] extension that is
built in now.  It is quite fast and easy to use.

[1] http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.zip.php