RE: Keeping POST values when paging

At 4:18 PM +0100 7/8/08, Mayer, Jonathan wrote:
In the end I decided the simplest way of coding the functionality was to do
something similar to what Eric said, and have some extra submit buttons in
the form, called Next, Previous and Jump. When clicked, they each submitted
the form again with a different flag set. Along with a session variable
storing the "current" page, I was able to code a reasonably neat solution
deciding which results to show without having to rewrite any sections of my
code. Because these submit buttons are tied to a form at the top of the
page, this has limited me to only having the navigational buttons at the top
of the results table rather than at the bottom too, but that is perfectly
fine in my situation.

Jon:

Actually, you don't need to use sessions, post, nor get to pass variables between scripts.

Here's an example:

http://www.webbytedd.com/bb/tedd/index.php

Of course, the smart ones on this list will figure it out pretty quickly.

Cheers,

tedd

PS: Daniel, please don't offer hints to show how easy this is. I would like to see what others say.
--
-------