Re: how to create a slide show using PHP5

Bastien Koert wrote:

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:37 PM, philip <spy_c_xamaican@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:spy_c_xamaican@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi everyone,

    I want to create a slide show of photos for my web site. How is
    this done using php5? I am using Opensuse 10.3, Apache, PHP5.

    TIA for any assistance,

    Philip

-- Philip Ramsey
    learning PHP and MySQL for building a better world
    philipramsey.is-a-geek.net <http://philipramsey.is-a-geek.net>

2 parts to this

1. pull a series on [random] images from the system to show the user
2. client side javascript code to load the images in a slide show fashion

You may want to get an existing one and pull it apart to see how they've done it

--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat
Hi Bastien,

Thank you for your quick response. Where may I find sample? I tried searching the web but only found samples and tutorials that required flash for the actual slide show. Since I run Linux and Adobe/Macromedia do not make a flash editor for Linux, flash is not an option.

TIA,

Philip