Re: V4 Vs V5 Issue

Thanks Jim

Two things come to mind.

1) Is their any PHP inside you javascript file that needs to be parsed? And if so, is the new V5 install configured in such a way that it parses/processes javascript files? where the old install was processing javascript files. This would be a configuration issue from the actual web server POV. i.e. Apache, lighttpd, etc... Once reconfigured, make sure you restart your web server.

Yes there is PHP inside the javascript that is being passed. As an exorcise I was just looking at deleting it all out of the code and seeing what happens, however it is everywhere.

The Webserver with the V5 PHP is Apache 2.2.4, but I can not really see where I would make the changes you are suggesting.

The older server with V4 is Apache 1.34.4

2) Is your code using short tags in php? This allows the programmer to use <? instead of <?php . In this case you might want to enable short tags in the new version of PHP. I think php 5 comes with short tags disabled and version 4 had it enabled by default. This setting would be found in your php.ini file on the server. If you need to change the setting, make sure you restart your httpd server before testing.

Short tags is enabled and working.... most of the application is short tagged.

Cheers

Neil

Just a couple of thoughts

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare