Re: Monitor a WP website

Hey Eric, Stut,

>Maybe you should start by trying to utilize the RSS feed.

Went to that option at first too... but have  a quick look around, there are many sites that for some reason dont have this feature turned "on", and for them... the only option i think is to "read" the page... unless I am missing something?

Cheers!

> Is there a way to check if a new post has been submitted on your favourite wordpress site?
>
> Heres what i am trying to do:
> do a fopen http://ezee.se/articles-blog/  via CRON every x minutes
> if a new post has been submitted, i mail someone...

but am not just looking to do this for this one site... am thinking
other WP sites too, but am hoping if i can get this to work on this one
site.. the others should be pretty much the same.

> Any
suggestions on how to check for new posts? keep in mind most wp sites
use some kind of url-rewriting so the formats a bit different (there
are around 7 formats if i am not mistaken)