Re: Re: [MOREINFO] How to prevent DoS on PHP script?

On 21 Jun 2008, at 14:10, Michelle Konzack wrote:
I should note additionaly they http password protection is not realy an option since I have annonymous users which upload Debian Sources and
Packages...

Also I the upload must work from any place in the Net, even using M$
ware, any webbrowser, a cellphone or whatelse...

If you can't protect the upload URL by giving authorised users something then you have no chance at all. If you allow anonymous users to do something then you allow the "bad guys" to do it too.

Your only hope is to do some traffic shaping on uploads but you'll probably find that'll piss legitimate users off more than it will people trying to abuse it.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/