RE: Binary data in $_POST, not in $_FILES, why?

Anyone know if PHP keys off the content-disposition for form pre-processing
to populate the $_FILES array?
In my html form example, the raw data looks like:

But the form posting from the voicexml browser/server looks like:

That's the only difference I have found so far, so I was wondering if php
parses form elements that have the filename attribute on the
Content-Disposition item.  The bad side of that is that from what I can
tell, Content-Disposition isn't a standard/requirement, just an RFC.

Thanks,
-jim