Re: SPAM SPAM Re: [PHP] Capture homepage screenshot

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 14:45 -0400, Daniel Brown wrote:
>     There are several commercial options available, but I may put
> together a script this afternoon capable of generating thumbnails from
> websites.  If I do, I'll keep you informed.

In my project, we do this through a small Python application. The cool
thing for you, is that the functionality is exposed through an XML-RPC
service as well...

You are free to use it, as long as you don't abuse it of course (we have
limited bandwidth in Africa).

The other option is to read the docs as to how its done and copy it
(it's all GPL anyway).

To see it in action, take a look at:
http://avoir.uwc.ac.za/index.php?module=cms&action=showfulltext&sectionid=init_1&id=gen14Srv2Nme49_8062_1213073978

In my framework, we simply call it through a "filter", so to get a
screnshot of the PHP site, I would simply add in:

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.php.net/[/SCREENSHOT] in any place that I can add
content (blog, wiki, cms etc).

Lastly, but not least at all, you could also just use our framework...
Download from http://avoir.uwc.ac.za/

--Paul

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer
http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/public/portal_services/disclaimer.htm