RE: Forum coded in PHP with mail and news gateway

I also think it's fair to mention (if the OP has dismissed phpBB due to
the immediately-obvious features and missing features) that phpBB--and
several other forum software packages--are modifiable with plug-ins.
There may very well be a phpBB->Usenet and/or phpBB->Listserv Archive
plugin to suit your needs.

Todd Boyd
Web Programmer