Re: a questoin about the "#" char

Inside a php script the '#' denotes the beginning of a comment. I don't know that it has any use at all in the address line. What specifically is the error? I'd guess that php would ignore the rest of the line following the '#' and so this could generate any number of errors depending on what information is carried in the address and what that info is for. I'm not aware of any way to scan the address within php, this might need to be done with a proxy of some kind. If it can be done or if you can talk to the owner of the site you're trying to get the file from, you might try replacing the '#' with a '%23'.

-Allen
Hello,

I want to know what the "#" char does. On a website I was working at, I tried to open a file with a "#" in it's name and I got an error. So I'd really appreciate any help to know how to avoid the error and what does the character do.

Thanks a lot

Sebastian