From: DeadTOm [mailto:deadtom@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 11:15 PM
To: Wei, Alice J.
Cc: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  PHP Runs But Does Not Display on Linux

With localhost I was assuming that the files resided on your local
machine, my bad. How are you accessing these files? The location you are
getting them from has to be running a web server of some kind with php
or the php scripts will not run and you'll only see the html output as
you described.
I run a linux server with apache2, php and mysql and I believe that the
purpose of the php5-mysql package is to add files that define those
mysql function calls. I'm sure that there is something similar for mssql.

-Allen