From: Greg Maruszeczka [mailto:listmail@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 10:37 PM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  PHP Runs But Does Not Display on Linux

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:03:53 -0400
"Wei, Alice J." <ajwei@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I am currently using a Linux box with Fedora to run my PHP scripts,
> which I have seen in the download page at
> http://www.php.net/downloads.php that
>
>    We do not distribute UNIX/Linux binaries. Most Linux distributions
> come with PHP these days.
>
>   What I am wondering is, if I can run my scripts by using the
> command like php some_php.php, as long as it does not require me to
> have it displayed on the web page or in need of using a mssql_connect
> function, it does not give me any errors at all. Otherwise, it
> consistently gives me errors "Call to undefined function:
> mysql_connect()...".

This (likely) means you don't have the mysql extension installed. If
you type the following at the command line:

php -m | grep mysql

and nothing prints out, you'll need to install the rpm that
provides mysql-related functions and restart apache.

HTH,

GM

--

Greg Maruszeczka

http://websagesolutions.com
skype: websage.ca
googletalk: gmarus

"Those who are possessed by nothing possess everything."
-- Morihei Ueshiba