Re: Retrive a ID or Class value from a form input field

Joe Harman wrote:
I was just writing a form validation script... I know that there is
ton of them out there... and i know that there are some different
methods of doing it... but i want to assign class names to each field
like class="req:email"... not sure if that is the right way to do it,
but i thought it would make thing neat and tidy

Thanks for all your input
Joe

Problem with that is the ':' is not a valid char for a class name.

Reference is here:  read the second bullet point

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#characters

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare