Re: imap_open() error. (Can't open mailbox)

Edward Kay wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Thijs Lensselink [mailto:dev@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: 09 June 2008 13:43
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  imap_open() error. (Can't open mailbox)

Quoting Mathijs van Veluw <mathijs.van.veluw@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Thijs Lensselink wrote:
Quoting Mathijs van Veluw <mathijs.van.veluw@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello there,

i use imap to read incoming mail from the the SMTP server.
On the live server everythings works as it should.
I can use imap_open('/path/to/file', '', ''), to read just
one raw-mail.
On my test env i can't get this to work.

I get the error message: "Can't open mailbox".
While on the live server it works and i get the correct resource
"resource(42) of type (imap)".

I realy don't know what the problem is.
Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.
Mathijs.

I didn't work with IMAP much. So one suggestion could be to check
if your dev box is behind a proxy server. If you're using SSL check
 if it's enabled on your dev box.

the imap_open() only gets a file location.
This file containts a raw-mail, so no need for ssl or proxy stuff etc..

Have you checked the permissions on the mail file? Are your dev and live
boxes both running PHP in the same manner (Apache module vs CGI)? Can you
open the same file with fopen?

Edward

The file is accessable, and they both run using the apache2 module etc..
Both have the same version PHP and same IMAP version.

So i find it strange.

For the output see my last post.