Re: validating textarea using php

Dotan Cohen wrote:
2008/5/14 Richard Heyes <richardh@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
 Any host that upgrades the PHP version (a major upgrade considering it
would be 5 - 6) without notifying Customers isn't a very good hosting
company, and you really should change to a better one (Rackspace are good).
Even 1and1 don't do that and they're pants (IMO).

It does not matter if the customer was notified. Even if he is
notified, he needs to update his code.

That really should be expected. You can't expect something to last forever without tweaking it on occassion. And in the case of going from PHP 5 - 6, the "tweaking" required may well be major, becxcause it's a major version change.

 Plus you need to consider how long they would take to use PHP6 exclusively
- my guess it would be at least a year; probably longer.

A year is nothing! I have projects from 7 years ago that I know I need
to update "when I get around to it".

Well "when you get around to it" makes it sound as though it's not exactly important.

--
Richard Heyes