Re: Good XML Parser

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 7:29 PM, Waynn Lue <waynnlue@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, thanks so much for the help.  I went with DOM-parsing to begin
> with, I'll explore XPath + SimpleXML later.

just fyi, youre likely to get more bang for your buck starting off w/
SimpleXML.  DOM is a successor to DOMXML from php4.  its a bulky, yet
powerful interface into the DOM.  SimpleXML is also a DOM parser, however
the interface is simpler in exchange for less power.  the good news is in
php5 you can switch back and for between DOM and SimpleXML easily at
virtually no cost.

my modo in php5 is to use SimpleXML unless there is a real need for DOM, and
in that case most likey, you can get away w/ converting to DOM at runtime
(again very little cost there) and doing a few operations, then carrying on
w/ SimpleXML.

-nathan